Image Map

Sunday 6 October 2013

Rimmel stay matte mousse foundation



Hi everyone hope your well. Today I am going to be doing a speedy review on the new 'stay matte mousse foundation' from Rimmel. I was intrigued to try this after trying a sample of the foundation which i had in the latest issue of Company mag.
 "Feather light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for natural-looking, all day shine control. Silky smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. Lightweight texture won’t feel heavy or greasy. Minimizes the appearance of pores."


As you can see from the pictures, this foundation is a mousse foundation which claims to leave you matte and shine free throughout the whole day. I found out of the six shades available '200 Soft Beige' to be the best match for me. The sample I tried was in '100 ivory' and it was way to pale for me, I looked like a ghost.
The colour range isn't brilliant, like i mentioned above they only have six shades, But the lightest one is fairly light. If your wanting to try this I would recommend popping into a drugstore and have a cheeky test of the colors to see what one matches you best!



As you can guess from the name, the finish off the foundation was of course very matte. I suffer from quite dry skin so was quite worried about what it would look like. I was pleased to see that it didn't cling too my dry patches and make them look noticeable.
This foundation for me has very high coverage which i personally LOVE. I suffer from acne so I love a high coverage foundation which can cover blemishes, scarring and redness. I found that this foundation is quite thick so a little really does go a long way! The best method for me was to blend the foundation in with my fingers and then follow with the real techniques buffing brush, just to make sure everything is blended.
As for staying matte, I found that it did, This is perfect for me for school as it doesn't leave me shiny or looking cakey!
I totally recommend this foundation; for the quality and price of £5.99 I think its a bargain!

Have you tried this foundation yet? Whats your favorite foundation at the moment?

Thankyou for reading my blog, be sure to follow for more posts!

Wanna chat? Follow me on Instagram and Twitter- @Lauren_LovesHS or send me and email :)

11 comments:

  1. I swear by the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation or No 7 Instant Radiance - they are both excellent and great value for money. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, ive heard a lot of good things about the bourjois foundations, will have to give them a try! :)

      Delete
  2. You got it! I still need to try my little sample :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup brought this little guy and yes deffo try it! :)

      Delete
  3. nice review. :) let me know if you want to follow each other. xo

    http://louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to get some new foundation so i will check this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah defiantly, it's great quality and is a good price! :)

      Delete
  5. High coverage? When I read it was a mouse I automatically thought it would be like a bb cream with a low coverage. I have dry skin too and I getting those random dry patches around my face. I have been using Rimmel's Wake me up and Match perfection lately and I love them both. I guess Rimmel make some great foundations :) ps. sorry I'm like stalking your blog and commenting on so many post lol :D
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was quite suprised by the coverage too, you get so much more high coverage when you use your hands with this foundation I found rather than using a brush! :)

      Delete
  6. I do hope my post gets read and hopefully helps somebody along the line

    An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my husband back to me.. My name is Natasha Johnson,i live in Florida,USA,and I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband ,with two kids.A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website { http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/},if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to the Dr Brave for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again. {bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, Thanks..,,,

    ReplyDelete