Image Map

Tuesday 4 October 2016

STARTING UNI : WHAT I'VE LEARNT IN THE FIRST WEEK

I cant believe I've actually started uni, like how crazy? I remember writing a post mentioning that I'd just started sixth form. Quick update: I'm planning on getting back into blogging when possible, although I want my posts to be more relaxed and lifestyle based. My posts currently are mostly beauty related. However,  I want to include a variety of different styles and aspects of my life. I personally love reading lifestyle posts and really want to try some out for myself! 

1. FRESHERS FLU

I've been at uni for just over a week now, and I'm currently right in the middle of freshers week (or two as most people have) and I just want to make it clear that 'freshers flu' is real!! I'm sat in my dorm as I'm writing this with a box of tissues, paracetamol and a massive glass of water. But on a positive note, freshers has been amazing! Tinie Tempah performed at our student union along with some other artists which was such a fab night. 

2. FIRE ALARMS

So when you first start uni you expect fire alarms and tests to be happening regularly and trust me, we've had loads, but what makes me laugh is the clothing choices. Literally, I had to go out in pj bottoms, a sports bra and no shoes or socks and whilst I thought I looked stupid I was not the only one who had clearly grabbed whatever was closest to them. 

3. NO ONE CARES

Following on from the last point, what I love so much is that no one actually cares about what they look like when they are wondering around campus or the accommodation buildings. You think everyone will be prancing around looking all fashionable and smart, I mean we've all seen gossip girl. But the reality is, I see more people wandering around in dressing gowns and hoodies than I do wearing jeans. 


4.EVERYONE IS IN THE SAME POSITION AS YOU

Now anyone who says they aren't bricking starting uni is lying. There's always something someone will be nervous about, whether it be making friends, getting lost or missing family and friends. However, everyone is in the same boat. In most cases there will be at least one person in your flat that feels the same as you, if not more. So don't be afraid of going up to random people in your flat and chatting to them, because it will probably help them too!


5.DORM ROOM

My favourite part about the whole moving process was being able to decorate my room. If theres one thing you should do if you struggle with feeling homesick is to really make your room your own. Decorate it however you want to. I have fairy light and pictures everywhere!

I have loved every second of uni since I've started, even the 7am alarms after a night out to arrive in time for lectures! I'm hoping to make a sort of uni series on my blog, or maybe write up a room tour post? Embrace uni guys! Hope you like this post, let me know if you agree with some of the points and what you've experienced since starting uni. Thank you for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment